An eBook (short for electronic book) is an e-text that forms the digital media equivalent of a conventional printed book, often restricted with a digital rights management system. Our eBooks are electronic versions of the printed book which can be read on a personal computer or other devices.
Type a search term or phrase in the search text box and click on ‘Go’ to search the eBook content. Your search results will appear in a column on the right-hand side of the page. Specific search terms usually result in more targeted results. Note: The search option is disabled when viewing the book in the full-screen mode.
The top panel in the reader has the Bookmark option. Clicking on it will bookmark the page currently being viewed. You can check for the pages that have been bookmarked in the 'Bookmarks' segment in your bookmarks.
In addition to zoom, reading, and downloading, eBooks are fully searchable and users can annotate, bookmark, and highlight them. Users can search for terms in a single book, across their purchased titles, or across the full site.
To avoid logging out and re-logging in every time you make a new
purchase, please go to the Shopping Bag Tab on your iPad app and Tap on
the Sync button and ensure that there is no loss of internet
connectivity when the sync takes place.
- See more at: http://support.ipublishcentral.com/kb/articles/238-syncing-of-new-purchases#sthash.wACS79Sv.dpufFirst and foremost make sure to activate your eBooks.
Log in to http://elibrary.aao.org/login with your Academy username and password. Click on My Online Products and then the eBook title in the menu to activate your eBooks.
to activate your eBooks
To avoid logging out and re-logging in every time you make a new purchase, please go to the Shopping Bag Tab on your iPad app and Tap on the Sync button and ensure that there is no loss of internet connectivity when the sync takes place.
This will ensure that your account gets uniformly synced and your purchases will be visible on the Bookshelf tab ready to download.
If you are still facing issues, please log out and log back in.
There are two types of users under one institution.
1. Admin user
2. Regular user
Once the users are under one institution, they will have the option to login again and access the eBooks. The admin user will have more rights to manage the institution.
Admin user has the additional rights to manage the following:
1. Edit Institution: Admin user can edit the details of the institution and save them.
2. Manage Common Users and Add Common Users
3. Manage Institutional User: Admin user can edit and manage the existing users under the institution.
4. Add Institutional User: Admin user can add new users to the institution and manage the user details.
5. Manage IP Range: Admin user can manage the institution's IP range details if the institution is under IP range.
6. Add IP range: Admin user can add the IP range for the institution and manage it.
7. Manage Referer: Admin User can manage the referrer URL for the institution.
Reports: Admin user can view the reports of the successful section requests by month and title of the eBooks
Step 1: Please make sure you are logged in to your Institutional account. This can be confirmed by viewing the welcome screen present on the top right-hand corner of the page.
Step 2: Click on the login button next to the Welcome screen on the top right-hand corner of the page.
Step 3: Enter the admin credentials.
Step 4: Click on the "My Folder" button in the center.
Step 5: Click on the Profile settings to view the admin features available.